DB Systemtechnik is supporting the train manufacturer, Hitachi Rail Europe with the testing and commissioning of 46 3-car and 24 4-car Class 385 electric multiple units for Abellio ScotRail. Passenger services are expected to commence in the autumn 2017, with all units in operation by the end of 2018.
The testing programme is being carried out in Scotland, in Germany and at the VUZ test centre in the Czech Republic.
- Running characteristics testing
- Ride comfort testing
- Traction performance testing
- Dynamic regenerative brake testing
- Wheelslide protection testing
- Internal and external noise testing
- Dynamic train crew vibration testing