Turnkey supply of CCTV systems
for London Midland
DB ESG was contracted by London Midland to supply closed circuit television (CCTV) systems, including:
- Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a forward facing CCTV system (FFCCTV) on 26 Class 323 and 40 Class 350 vehicles.
- Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a saloon CCTV system for the Class 323 units.
- Design, supply, install and support the trial of one pantograph camera fitted to a single class 350/1 vehicle.
The CCTV systems, supplied by DTI, work flexibly over an Ethernet backbone from a common digital video recorder.
DB ESG was responsible for obtaining independent approval of the system, and training the operations and maintenance personnel. DB ESG is also ensuring 3 year operation of the systems through the provision of 3G/4G data Sims.
DB ESG has provided WiFi connection facilities, to enable train to shore communications, at Kings Heath Depot, Soho Maintenance Depot, and Northampton Station and River Sidings.
- Detailed 2D manufacturing and installation drawings of all additional wiring, brackets and mounting arrangements.
- New electrical schematics and wiring diagram modifications.
- Production of technical information for engineering change procedure.
- Production of maintenance bulletins.
- Modification procedures, detailing the installation of all new equipment, wiring and hardware, and changes to existing vehicle components, system testing and commissioning.
- Independent approval and certification arranged via Railway Approvals Ltd.
- Material supply – DB ESG procured and supplied all necessary materials for this project
- Technical support during first-in-class installation for each fleet and fleet installation support.
- Training courses provided for all elements of the system, including the scheduling, retrieval and processing of video data.
Working in conjunction with Icomera, the fleet installation was completed ahead schedule.
For media enquiries contact Heidi Lee, Communications Manager, ESG Rail – 01332 483 849 (mobile - 07870 958043) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org