Class 365 ETCS Installation Mass Analysis
Alstom asked DB ESG to undertake a mass, kinetic envelope and brake assessment of Class 365 electric multiple units. This was necessary because of the fitment of European Train Control System (ETCS).
- Design assessment, including: -
- Review of the vehicle changes.
- Generation of a mass change spreadsheet, to collate the changes and understand the effect on the vehicle centre of gravity.
- Calculations and assessment of change on vehicle movements, braking and derailment.
- Risk assessment of the change
- Changes and effects summarised in a final report.
- A gauging review concerning the new equipment installed, namely the underframe and roof mounted equipment.